Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Busy Sunday

Molly and Katie pre-race!!
First, the race that started one day and ended the next.  The race officially started at 10pm - our corral crossed the start line around 10:30am.  Around three hours later, I was walking my 13th mile back to the hotel (that would include walking the mile from the hotel to the start, the 10 miles beginning at Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom back to Hollywood Studios, the mile from the finish line to the entrance to the park, and the mile back to my bed).

The weather wasn't so bad - at least for wogging 10 miles, especially if you douse yourself with cups of water at each water station.  Which I did.  While it was warm, it was bearable - at least when one goes as slowly as I do!

Apparently I missed the part that Molly told me about later - the part where finishers were throwing up everywhere.  She also said that people were yelling for medics to come help.  All the voices in my head were just screaming for me to return to my hotel and go to bed.  Once there (at hotel, not in bed yet), I threw my wet clothes in the washer, took a lovely hot shower, and waited for Molly to return to wash our race clothes (this was around 2am - our plan was to get up at 5am and head for the airport).  Meanwhile, the half-bottle that I had chugged in the finish shute was beginning a war with the rest of my stomach contents.  Luckily, it managed to stay contained - well, for the most part.

Anyhow, fast forward a few hours and Molly and I headed for the airport and our respective destinations.  She arrived in Nashville and introduced Ariel to her new mom (who promptly changed her clothes).

I arrived in New York City and met up with KB and we headed to our hotel (acceptable view, don't you think?) and had a little chicken parm at Juniors before KB headed out for some adventure while I passed out in bed for some last night's sleep.

Eventually we both ended up alert and awake and went to enjoy "Avenue Q", a story of non-Muppet puppets.  It was great and was a fun way to end the day.  Which we did!

***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because I:  finished the 10 miles without passing out; got the clothes washed and had an hour or so of sleep; got to the airport in plenty of time; had a safe, smooth flight; met up with KB at the airport and got to hotel; hotel found us a ready room upon our arrival; delicious meal at Juniors; afternoon nap; shopping and Avenue Q with KB

No comments: