Monday, October 21, 2013

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like - You Know What!!

According to the Internet, there are 64 days until Christmas.  I am trying to process that bit of information and figure out how I am going to accomplish my "category."

In our family, each year we choose a category of gift-giving.  We then procure gifts for the other members of the family, based on that category.  I don't know why we started it - I guess because we're Davidsons.  Mind you, this comes from the family who have in the past had "Cereal Christmas" and "Magic Bullet Christmas."

Anyhow, yesterday we all chose (or had chosen for us) the categories for this year.   You can read for yourself to the left.  Don't even bother asking me what some of them mean or how those people are going to interpret their category into gifts for the supposed loving family members. As usual, I chose "Make It."  I usually have about two good ideas for people, so this year I added the twist of "Break It."  No, I don't know what that will mean, either.

The second part of this equation is the Christmas meal.  As I previously stated, one year everyone brought their favorite cereal.  Another year we all cooked, but the recipes had to involve the Magic Bullet.   Apparently this year everyone is responsible for bringing a dish that is on sticks (I keep thinking about the movie "Mermaids" and Cher's hors d'oeurves dinners).

Anyhow, the only reason I decided to bring this up is just in case you are trying to plan your own Christmas and have run out of ideas.  At least now you know what to avoid!!!
**************************************************************************
Today was a great day because I:  got some paperwork and travel planning completed; picked up Everley at school; enjoyed some Everley time; had a catch-up chat with Bill

No comments: