Thursday, October 17, 2013

Back Up and Broken Lessons

So my computer decided to die sometime this weekend.  I took it to Staples, who said the hard drive was failing.  Unfortunately, because I was out of town, I didn't take my external hard drive to back up stuff (which I learned to do after the last hard drive failed).  Anyhoo, Staples dude said they might be able to do something when the new hard drive comes in.  Which I am hoping and wishing for because my NYC pics and Day 1 and 2 3-Day pics are on it (and yes, I erased the pics from my SD card once I transferred them to the computer).  So, now I know to constantly back up everything.  Which means I will probably lose the back up drive.

Then this morning, as I was walking to the kitchen, I hit my arm on the baby gate and promptly dropped my coffee cup (which still had a little bit of cold coffee in it) which then broke into several pieces, requiring some clean up. Which promptly showed me just how dirty my floors are.  And now I am down one coffee mug, which isn't a bad thing since I have difficulty getting rid of stuff, except that this was a mug I liked and would have preferred to keep.

So the lesson for today is to appreciate the lessons one learns in the daily pitfalls of life.  Always backup on something and don't be in such a hurry to delete pictures on your memory card.  Watch where you walk and keep your floors clean.  Remember that it's just a coffee cup and you have too many anyhow.

But most of all, remember that none of this means anything if you are blessed to have a roof over your head, food to eat, clothes to wear, and most of all, people to love and who love you.
*************************************************************************
Today was a great day because: it was a beautiful day after the rain; picking up Lindley at school; Lindley and Everley time

No comments: