Thursday, September 12, 2013

Two Weeks And Counting ...

Yup - two weeks ago I decided to give up Diet Coke.  After reading a lot of facebook posts about how terrible Diet Coke is, I decided to go cold turkey and quit.  Luckily for me, I didn't have the horrible headaches that I've gotten when I've given it up before - possibly because I did a six mile race one day and a thirteen mile race the next.  At any rate, Diet Coke is now history - hopefully.

The worst part is finding a new drink to consume.  Sure, I could and should just drink water, but I'm just a not a water-all-the-time type girl.  So, mostly I've been drinking iced tea - unsweetened, since the major poison in Diet Coke is the artificial sweeteners.  My drink of choice when up in the air traveling in a tin can has been cranapple juice.  Certainly not as satisfying as that buzz when a Diet Coke hits my gullet, but it will have to do.

And yes, the no Diet Coke includes Diet Dr Pepper.  And Diet Pepsi, should I ever be so desperate as to go near one. 

Anyhow, I will mark it up as a victory.  Yay me.  Now to work on all the other food vices in my life ...
*********************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  I got some tasks completed; I picked up Lindley from school; Lindley and Everley time; Steve's safe travel home

2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Good for you! Have you tried seltzer? We drink seltzer water - usually Mandarin Orange and usually Vintage brand (not the "sweetened" stuff). We actually go through withdrawal if we can get it. I don't think I've had soda in more than 20 years! You can do it!

Luanne said...

Interesting - seltzer water? Never tried it - guess it's not a "Southern" thing. Trying to hang with iced tea (a year-round Southern thing) and maybe try to like water. I figure if I got through a Disney cruise without it, I can do anything!