Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Made It!!!

Yep, got packed.  Yep, got a few hours sleep.  Yep, got to the airport with Charity in plenty of time (a Davidson quality), although I managed to drip my breakfast sandwich all over my shirt (and then went to the bathroom in an attempt to prevent the grease from completely ruining my shirt, only to emerge with big water blotches all over my shirt).  Anyhow, the point is that I made it to California.

Charity made a few good pictures and I had a few cat naps on the plane (which was smooth and fairly quick).  Although we waited forever for the Disneyland bus, I had some time to chat with Steve, who was waiting for his plane ride back to Nashville.  Charity and I got to the hotel and checked in, only to find out that our room wasn't ready.  However, after wagging our four suitcases to the nearest restaurant and wolfing down some burgers (a casualty of traveling from Nashville to Anaheim during Nashville time zone lunch), we got the call that our room was ready!

From there, we unloaded our stuff in our room, I changed Charity's ticket from a 2-day to a 3-day and then pointed her in the direction of Disneyland and California Adventure, I went back to the room and passed out (during which apparently Charity returned to the room to retrieve her purse unbeknownst to me), Molly finally arrived and I ate with her, Charity returned to the room, and we passed out for the night.

A most excellent day!!
***********************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  The plane ride to LA was smooth and quick; Seeing Steve at LAX and his bringing me a new camera; nice cast member at hotel check-in; great room location; Molly's arrival; Charity's fun times

No comments: