Monday, August 19, 2013

Happy Monday ...

Today started with my getting up around 5ish - not on purpose.  If KB and I had planned to walk, I would hardly be able to pull myself off the pillow, but a day to sleep in?  Up and at-em at 5.  Yes, I could have wogged, but I didn't - deal with it.  I knew I had a lot to do today, so I fixed myself some breakfast and got started.  I probably should have stayed in bed a little longer.

I went upstairs for the obligatory clean-up-after-company/get-ready-for-any-future-company.  Since we had a full house upstairs for the past week, I knew I was going to strip all the beds.  While I was up in the AK bedroom, I decided to amend some bedside tables that were not functional.  So, I stripped all the sheets off the full bed, the toddler bed, and the porta-crib (we are a full-service company pleaser) and decided to saw off the offending part of the table.  I have an electric saw - maybe it's a jigsaw - that I use to saw everything, so I was ready.  However, as I started to flip the table to saw it, my back decided to throw itself out/slip a disc/pull a muscle/pitch a fit.   Or to put it more succinctly, some invisible person decided to stab a butcher knife in my lower back.  Did that stop me from my intended task?  Of course not.  Using a comical combo of moves, I managed to measure (a first), saw, unscrew and rescrew the wheels on the bottom, and flip the table back over.  And then do the same to the other table.  I also managed to pick up the ton of sheets and toss them down the stairs.

After a round of Tylenol, I decided to take a shower, only after playing "How Greasy Is My Hair" and "How Hairy Are My Legs."  Definitely a shampoo and razor day.  I managed to get through the shower and shave without any fanfare, however when I got out and was preparing to prepare my underarms for human interaction, the deodorant part (I use a stick) fell out of the container.  Granted, there was only a little bit left, but I am the type that uses it to the very last part.  It fell on the floor, and since I haven't swept in there since 1992, we'll just say that it picked up a few microscopic (or not so microscopic) particles.  But (get prepared) do you know what I did?  I threw it away.  I know - I was a little shocked, too.  But at that moment, with the knife still firmly wedged in my lower back, I knew that (a) I could afford a new stick of deodorizer, and (b) I actually had a new stick in the vanity.  Just call me reckless.

Anyhow, freshly showered, shampooed, shaved, and deodorized, it was time for my next adventure - giving blood at the Red Cross.  After the start to my morning, I was a little wary.  But I decided to forge ahead. Or maybe not.  Basically, the knife in my back continued to twist and turn with every move I made, so I spent the rest of the day (and into the night) either on the couch, or attempting to move from a supine position to an upright one, or attempting to move from one room or the other, or reclining in my bed. 

Here's hoping for a better Tuesday ...
******************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  clean hair and smooth legs; Maribeth bringing me drinks and setting up Netflix to watch on my computer; Steve bringing dinner and finishing the laundry; Everley time; text from John and Anne on their cruise; cabin assigned for upcoming Alaska cruise

No comments: