Saturday, August 24, 2013

And So It Begins. Again.

Today I turned 56.  As my other five-sixers discussed this morning, we are astounded as to how we got to this age.  We certainly never thought about being this age (notice I did not say "this old").  For me, I always thought there would come an age where I "had it all together."  I'm still waiting for that age to arrive ...

Anyhow, today has been a lovely day.  The new "Fitty-What and Their Caretaker" did a 5K out at Gaylord Opryland Hotel.  It was in conjunction with a women's cancer survivor conference, and was a great way to remember my blessings on this day.  It was sunny and warm, but we managed to make it through (ignoring the fact than in less than two months, three miles will seem like a stroll compared to the 20 we will be doing each day for three days).

The rest of the day was spent with family and friends - another reminder of how blessed I am.  And of course, updating the look of this blog took some time (have to make changes for a new year).

Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and taking a read whenever you do.  You are among the blessings I celebrate and are thankful for on this day.
*******************************************************************
Today was great because:  I did a 5K with my buds; I spent time with Lindley and Everley and the rest of the fam; I got some tasks completed; Steve picked up Cheesecake Factory for dinner; I chatted with Marilyn via phone and John and Anne via text

No comments: