Monday, August 5, 2013

A Poop Perspective

Tonight I was over at Everley's house and we jointly decided that I would give her a bath.  She loves the water and thinks nothing of filling up her little pitcher and pouring it over her head.  I filled up the bathtub, she got in, she played with the water and her bath toys, I washed her hair and her squiggly body, and then she continued to play and splash about.  And then decided to squat, pass a few toots, and then proceeded to produce more substantial toots - that would be a full-fledged poop.  In the bathtub.

The reason I bring this up is that my reaction could go either way.  Certainly, upon first recognition of the activity, I was a bit horrified, as was Everley's mom who had stopped by the bathroom for a visit (she was busy about the house while we were enjoying bath time).  She immediately scooped Everley up (or perhaps rescued would be a more accurate word) and whisked her away to be dried off and pajama-ed.  Which left me with a tub full of water and bubbles ... and one sunken treasure.

In short, I scooped and disposed and then waited for the water and bubbles to drain so I could finish the necessary cleaning/disinfecting.  And while one might be repulsed by this sequence of events, I have chosen to list for you 10 reasons why this was not a disaster.  They are (in no particular order);

1.   It was not diarrhea and was scoop-able - need I say more?
2.   Somebody got a clean bathtub - and not only clean but disinfected and Cloroxed.
3.   I didn't get a clean bathtub, but it also wasn't in my bathtub!
4.   Everley was not traumatized - in fact, I think she was amused and proud.
5.   Everything was contained in a small area - not like on the floor from the kitchen to the bedroom.
6.   Availability of Clorox Scrubbing Bubbles in reach of the contaminated area - and a full bottle to boot (that is no longer the case).
7.   Everley did not choose to use her produced product as a medium in which to finger paint.
8.   The very close proximity of Everley's toilet to her bathtub.
9.   Enough toilet paper left on the roll to begin and finish the initial clean-up procedure.
10. I was not in the bathtub with her.

So in the end (the end - get it?), I guess you have to just realize this one thing - poop happens - and it's not always a bad thing.
********************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  shopping with Everley; tech at CVS Pharmacy; great summer weather

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Have you seen the Clorox commercial where the little guy poops in the bathtub? Maybe that's where she saw it. Cute. Good haz. material cleanup.