Saturday, August 31, 2013

6.2 Miles Later

Just a 10K through California Adventure and Disneyland.  Except that it was kinda warm.  And the water at the water stations was very warm.  And the water in thee\ fountains that we passed in the parks was warm also.  And since my training has been more walking than jogging, my time was not so great.  But the good news is that I finished and got my medal! And the bottle of water the volunteers passed out at the finish was nice and cold!!

Of course the best part of any race is if you get to return to your room, take a nice shower, have something yummy to eat, and then burrow into your bed and take a nice long nap. Which I did.  As did Molly, who participated in the 10K with me, finished before me, and then waited for me to finish after.

Tomorrow will be a busy day as we get ready to head to Vancouver to spend the night and then on Monday, board (wait for it .  .  .  ) a Disney cruise to Alaska!!! 

********************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  I finished the 10K; Molly waited for me at the finish; Molly and I did the laundry, watched two ABC tv show pilots, mailed a box home; procured lunch and dinner, and took naps; Charity had fun and made new friends; I face timed with Maribeth and Everley

3 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Way to go! i hate drinking warm water - bet that cold water at the end tasted fabulous! Can't wait to hear all about the Alaskan cruise!

Marilyn said...

Good job! Way to power through! Have a Magical cruise- still jelly :)

Luanne said...

Denise - I keep planting the idea of a Disney race in your mind ...

Marilyn - your race/cruise time will come in February!!