Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sleepless In Nashville

My intention last night was to go to bed by 10pm, fall asleep, and wake at 4:30am for our scheduled 12-mile training walk (yes, I planned to walk 12 miles after having a stomach catastrophe a few days prior).  Unfortunately, Insomnia decided to pay me a visit, and after getting out of bed and relocating to the den, watching tv, getting on the computer, and reading a magazine, I finally convinced the derelict to leave and let me sleep around 2am.  If you do the math, I got a few hours sleep before meeting the team at 5:15 and starting out.

Due to my recent sickness, I decided that I would cut short my planned miles, and ended up doing only 9.  But at least I got some in.  This morning's weather was perfect, which helped after last week's sun-hot temps.

Anyhow, I've put Insomnia on notice that I am not interested in entertaining him tonight.  Here's hoping that I fall asleep tonight and catch up on last night's robbed sleep. 
****************************************************************************
The Good Stuff For Today:  Training walk with KB, Molly, and Ashley; Molly bringing Sonic; Lindley and Everley time; Sam's safe travel home; pizza night with most of the family

No comments: