Sunday, June 30, 2013

Waiting

If you've ever been to Disney World, you know about waiting.  You wait to check into the resort, you wait to get your tickets, you wait to get your bag checked, you wait to process your entry, you wait to see the characters, you wait to ride the rides, you wait for the parades and fireworks, you wait to order your food, you wait - well, you get (and remember) the picture.

This trip is no different, except I've been waiting for another reason - waiting to see if the stomach bug that attacked Mathieu, Maribeth, and Everley came with me to Florida.  Judging by the viciousness that the bug attacked them, I have absolutely no desire to experience it.  And, after rocking Baby E for a bit on Thursday night (when she needed to express herself, or should I say barf on herself and me), I figure I stand a good chance.

So I've been waiting.  Waiting for that first stomach grumble that will indicate the roller coaster ride my stomach will board.  Waiting and pondering every bite and meal I eat, wondering how I will consider the food should it make a repeat appearance coming up the opposite digestive track.  Waiting to see if the bug will claim my body as its next victim.

So far the bug hasn't reared its ugly head (knock on wood, knock on the wood-looking vinyl floor, and knock on the plastic wood grain in the car).  I'm not sure exactly when I will decide that the bug danger is over, so I guess I'll just keep waiting.

At least I'm in a place where waiting is the norm ...
*******************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Merle helping us get into our new room; unpacking; Le Cellier lunch and our cast member; dinner at Kona and Sandy; Tinkerbell picture with Molly

No comments: