Friday, June 7, 2013

Signs of Summer ...

Sure, the kids are out of school and temperatures are rising, but I prefer to look for the true signs of the approaching summer:

1.  Ads for movies that I might actually think about going to the movie theater to see.
2.  That constant battle of open the windows, close the windows, turn on the ac, turn off the ac, open the windows, repeat ...
3.  The sound of my head banging against a wall because I pulled out my bathing suit, tried it on, and am disconsolate because I did not work harder to get in shape/lose weight during the winter.
4.  Attempting to find shorts that (a) fit, (b) aren't hopelessly stained with whatever I did last summer, and (c) might be acceptable in public other places than Wal Mart.
5.  Staring in the mirror wondering if I could pull off cutting my hair short - really short - without looking like Bozo the Clown.
6.  Trying to embrace that "constant dewy look" that only Nashville humidity can bring.
7.  Enjoying the flowers in the yard - then realizing that I need to pull the weeds, trim the hedges, deadhead the blooms, fertilize the plans, mulch the beds ...
8.  Reiterating how hot it is at Disney in July ...  then booking a vacation there anyway.

Yup - summer's coming!!
*********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  2 miles in the 'hood; Mathieu picking up Calypso for dinner; dinner with L&L and M&M&E; movie watching at home

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Luanne, I swear we could be twins. o:)