Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cats ...

If you have them, you know you can't live with them and you can't live without them.  I've had them since the beginning of time (mine, anyway), starting back with the cats I grew up with on the farm.  In fact, that's pretty much how I learned how/where babies come from when I witnessed my cat giving birth (and promptly went and demonstrated the technique to my grandmother).  Although I probably also witnessed how (cat) babies were created (we didn't really advocate pet population control back in the Dark Ages), I probably had no idea what I was witnessing (for which my grandmother would have been thankful not to have seen me reenact).

Anyhow, since those early years, I have rarely gone without a cat.  They have taken turns loving me, irritating me, entertaining me, infuriating me, and everything else-ing me.  And just when I think I might have them somewhat figured out, they still have a way of surprising me.

For instance, tonight, as I sat at my desk attempting to get something done, I kept hearing a paper-wrestling noise.  I knew Maggie was afoot, but figured she must be scratching the empty box she has recently taken as her room (and I have yet to remove) or scratching some other paper that was left unattended.  The noise was beginning to bug me, so I turned around and saw this:

The question is, why is the cat in the filing cabinet?  I tried to read her mind (since she refused to answer my question) and have come up with the following answers:

1. Maggie is in the filing cabinet because she had some questions about the house - mainly to see if her name was on the deed.

2.  She was trying to be helpful and be ready in case I needed her to file some papers.

3.  It is her weight control check.  If she can fit into the file, then she doesn't need to lose weight.

4.  It's my filing cabinet - wait, it's her filing cabinet and she wanted to make sure that I knew it.

5.  She's a cat - like she needs a reason for anything!!

**************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Safe travel to Florida and back for Steve; Red Lobster lunch with M&M&M&E; mindless Wal-Mart/Target shopping; rain showers; park workout with KB and Cindy

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I choose #4 (well, or #5), but got a big chuckle out of 1,2,&3 - LOL!