Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cuz That's Just How I Roll

Steve says that I cut people out of my life.  He's correct.  If a person does me a grievous wrong, I pretty much erase them from my mental and emotional address book. (I know I should forgive seventy times seven, but at some the erasure consequence has to take place).  I erase the offending person in the best interests of us both - I don't have to be hurt by them anymore and the offender doesn't have to be bothered with me any more.  I guess that's what you call a win-win.

I say all this because apparently this plan of action also extends to non-humans.  Case in point:  today I was getting a plastic cup in which to enjoy a beverage.  When I attempted to remove the lid, I got a sharp cutting pain in my thumb, and some resulting bleeding when I pressed on the thumb slice to see if it would indeed bleed. 

I examined the cup to find exactly what and where the sharp place was, or what the invisible thing with a stinger/teeth might be, but couldn't exactly find anything.  I did find a line that could be a crack in the plastic, thus causing the potentially lethal (to my thumb, anyway) weapon.  It was enough for me to write the cup off my list and promptly deposit it into its final resting place, the kitchen trash can.

In other words, don't mess with the Lu - she be one mean, cuttin'-off/writin'-off girl!!
*************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  picking up Maribeth, Mathieu, and Everley from the airport; Everley time; Mathieu bringing me a DDP; checking on Molly's fence progress

No comments: