Sunday, April 7, 2013

Anne

Yesterday my father-in-law lost his best friend, Anne Wilson.  She was also his neighbor down the street and his girlfriend.  But most of all, she was the light of his life who helped him feel so much younger and more alive than his 96 years.

I didn't know Anne extremely well.  Our encounters were often random and quick, usually visiting when we were in Columbus or she was in Nashville and brought GDiz with her so they could each visit family.  But I can tell you this - she was always the same every time we met.  She was always smiling and laughing and enjoying whatever moment she was in.  She brightened up the room and the moment just by being in it, and the world seems a little less bright with her gone.

Anne passed away after a fall in her home.  We don't know why it was her time, but can rest in the faith that God knew, and because Anne was such a devout Christian and trusted God for everything, she would be content in knowing that God knows what is best.  But I believe, that if Anne could perhaps have left us all with a lasting message, it might be this:

My dearest friends and family,

I'm so sorry that I had to leave to quickly and unexpectedly.  I wish we had more time together, but I know that even though we don't have the answers we want, God has us all in His hands and has a plan for this.  While I am honored to be missed, please remember me in the way that I lived, loving each moment that God gave me on this earth.  Please remember me by going the extra mile, helping someone else along the way, giving an extra hug for someone who needs it, and most of all, loving each other as I love you all.  Through your tears, remember me with smiles and laughter and the sweet memories of all the special times we shared together.  But most of all, live each day as I would have, following the plan set forth in Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day that the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it."  

I love you all - Love, Anne

Thank you Anne, for sharing your life with so many, and for making GDiz's life more wonderful than he could have ever hoped for.
*******************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Everley time; Molly bringing me pasta sauce

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I'm so sorry for your Dad, Luanne. What a beautiful tribute to her you've written.