Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Ups and Downs of Daily Blogging

Some days I have brilliant ideas (okay no comments - just because you believe you've never read any of those and you read every day).  Some days I have an idea, period.  And some days I have no ideas.  And yet I still blog.  Or at least type in some words.

Anyhoo, I wonder sometimes what would happen if I decided to be controversial.  You know, like saying pink is the new black, or wearing red means you're a floosie, or that the only kind of correct marriage is marrying somebody with the same initials as yours.   But that's not me.  I do not like controversy.  While I have my opinions and might not even mind sharing them, I do not wish to hear anyone fuss at me because my opinion is not his/her opinion and therefore my opinion is a wrong opinion.  I got enough of that during election season, just reading the comments fly back and forth on facebook.

So, what shall I blog about today?  Piano lessons.  I took them, as did my siblings.  My first child took them, only because by the time the second and third came along piano-lesson-wise, we had moved and it was too much trouble to find a new piano teacher.

Anyhow, my point is that even though I took piano lessons, I do not consider myself a pianist.  I could probably still play a bit, maybe even so listeners could pick out the tune I was plunking out on the keyboard.  But does even just a little ability make you something even though your ability is small?

I wog races - does that make me an athlete (we won't even discuss being a runner).  I can operate a sewing machine - does that make me a seamstress?  I somehow manage to eventually get words on this blog on a daily (or late-daily) basis - does that make me a writer?  I guess I wonder in a world of labels, how do we label ourselves?

Yeah, I don't know either.  And that's about as controversial as it gets here ...

*************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  spaghetti dinner with most of the family; Lindley and Everley time

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Excellent post - very thought-provoking! While I sew just about every day, I don't consider myself a seamtress (a quilter, yes!)