Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Many Hours Of TV Watching Later ...

After much hoopla about "Downton Abbey" (and realizing that it was Downton and Downtown), I finally got around to sitting down and watching it.  Since I had seen none of the episodes (although I had read a spoiler for this season's final episode, again to much hoopla), I had to start from the beginning.  The first time I started Season 1 Episode 1, I was busy, so I couldn't get attached and turned it off.  I tried again the next day, and I can say now that after three days and thanks to Comcast, I have now watched every minute of it.  And yes, I am hooked.

I like it because it's well written without any gratuitous anything - violence, sex, drama, yelling, screaming, etc.  Sure, it's got drama, but it's all very subdued (because that's the English way).  There are heroes and villains and birth and death and snobbery and sweetness and rich and poor and failure and success and happiness and sadness and war and peace - but none of the throwing of tables or cursing that seems to be popular these days.

Sure, call me an old fuddy-duddy, but maybe that's why I got hooked.  There was no reason to hide my eyes for any squeamish moments or cover my ears for angry words that I would need to look up in an urban dictionary.  There was just good old family interactions and a chance to live vicariously through the life of a family, wondering if I would be in the upstairs or downstairs (okay, downstairs would be my life).

So when does Season Four start??
************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  airport run for Steve; safe road trip for Mathieu, Maribeth, and Everley; Udderly Pink ebay items sold and mailed

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Glad you came over to the dark side! We are addicated to DA in my house. I am anxiously awaiting season 4!!