Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Question For Today

Last year's efforts
Should more be less?  In this case, it would be my sparkly pink "running" skirt that I assembled for the upcoming Princess Half-Marathon.  Last year our group wore tutus, but since this year's group is boarding a bus for a cruise right after finishing (hopefully) the race, we thought running skirts would be more packable. 

Since time is running out (as usual), today I decided to attempt to make my skirt.  When I bought the material, I knew I wanted a lot of material to be "full" around my rumpus area (having seen too many woggers my size in running skirts that were entirely too tight for my comfort, although they were obviously very comfortable).  Anyhow, I made it, and it does have quite a bit of fullness.  It's also long, since another issue I have with well-endowed-back-cheek women such as I, is when the skirt is so snug that it inches up the back so it looks like you have a belt on over your bike shorts.

Yup, it's a big-un!
Anyhow, here it is.  Hopefully it is flowy enough to cover everything.  And it won't slow me down (like THAT is possible). 

Which leads me back to my original question - should more be less?  I'll let you know in a few weeks when I put this little creation to the test.  Let's hope it just stays together to the finish line!!
********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  completing a few sewing projects; hanging the shelf above my desk; Steve getting free Pei Wei and bringing it home for dinner

1 comment:

Kat said...

I think it looks perfect!! Want to make me a green mermaid tail? :-)