Monday, February 18, 2013

Just A Little Vacay

I know, you're probably thinking, "Another vacation?  From what?"  Well, you need to think about more important things.  Because then it gets me off the hook.

Anyhoo, let me explain about my vacation.  First of all, it was planned last year before Steve decided to return to work.  The plan was that I would do the Donna Half-Marathon last weekend and then we would head to Orlando to spend the week before the Princess.  And then Steve went back to work, so I had the decision to cancel the hotel, fly back home for a few days, and then fly to Orlando.  OR just stay by myself for a few days.  What would you choose?  Okay, so we're on the same page now ...

So today was the first day of my vacation.  I have no messy house to shuffle, I can't go rescue any family member who needs something, I can't go pick up anything from the store.  Mainly because I'm far, far away.  That also means I don't get to see Everley or Lindley, but that can be remedied upon my return.  With lots of prizes.

So what did I do with my first day of vacation? 
  • Slept in a little because there were no cats jumping on my bed wanting to be: let out/fed/watered/let in/watched while they ate/irritating.
  • Watched "Life With Kelly and Michael" because I hope to be in the audience tomorrow morning and I wanted to get a preview.  It should be fun - not as fun as being on "Oprah's Favorite Things" show, but fun nevertheless.
  • Did a little outlet shopping.  At least until every family in the proximity decided to do the same with all the neighborhood kids.
  • Ate a burger and fries at Five Guys.  Because I did a half-marathon yesterday and figured I earned it.  It wasn't as wonderful as I had hoped ...
  • Got tired of all the traffic so I tried to make do for supper with some stuff I picked up yesterday.  It didn't even come close to wonderful.  Should have made the effort to go and get something better.
 Tomorrow I plan to spend some time with my soon-to-be BFFs Kelly and Michael (check your local listings),  putter around the Magic Kingdom for a bit (having a better lunch there), and then let the rest of the day unfold.  Because I don't have to fold laundry!!
*****************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  successful shopping; beautiful day; boat ride to DD; Steve's successful derm appt

3 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Seriously? You're in WDW by yourself? I am so stinkin' jealous! You deserve it, by the way! Have fun with Kelly and Michael - looking forward to the full report. o:)

Luanne said...

Umm, yes!!! Did I mention that on Sunday we're going on the Dream for a few days? Now how jelly are ya???

Denise in PA said...

Very awesome! I have 7 months and 15 days until I am back on the Dream (not that I'm counting or anything - LOL!)