Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hello Thursday!!

The thing about being stuck in a rut of being a blog-day late, is that you tend to forget what happened the day before and what great ideas you might have had.  Of course, some days it's hard to remember a good idea that you had that morning.  Or maybe even the hour before ...

So, instead of trying to remember anything, I'll just give you the Cliff Notes of Luanne's Current Events.

1.  Girl Scouts are getting ready to push their cookies.  Bad news for anyone who can scarf down a box of Thin Mints before she knows what has happened.  Not that I know anybody like that.

2.  The groundhog didn't see his shadow, so we're going to have an early spring.  Obviously he's never been to Nashville, where the weather fluctuates about as often as a person's menopausal mood swings.  Not that I know of anybody like that, either.

3.  Not that it has concerned you, but you might have noticed that my recording of my food intake has been lacking.  Just in case you were using it as inspiration for your own healthy eating habits (now that's really funny!), my choices have not been recording-worthy.  Or maybe somebody has been too lazy (and/or shamed) to write it down.  No comment.

4.  I actually watched a DVD this week.  It was "Flight" with Denzel Washington.  I was not overly enthused about it, as it's about a pilot who flies a plane upside down, and flying right-side up is not all that appealing to me in the first place.  But it was pretty good, once the nekkid woman part in the very beginning was over (I really don't see the point is seeing the nekkid lady's boom-booms and hoo-ha - I could have gotten the message of the scene with less nekkids and certainly less nekkid time).  It was a good movie that left me feeling pretty good.  But not about flying upside down.

Well, I guess that's about all the catching up I will do for today.  Planning another trip out of town in a week, so I guess I'd better start thinking about it - some people wait until the last minute to pack.

Not that I know of anybody like that ...


********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today: picking up Lindley at school; Lindley and Everley time; chicken dinner with some of the family; checking on Molly's house remodel; KB's donation; UP supplies delivery

2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

i don't know anyone who can scarf down a whole box of Girl Scout cookies in one sitting either (I did NOT cave and buy any this year - although I did sneak some from other peoples' boxes but at least that way I did not sit and eat an entire sleeve in bed, not that I've ever done that before o:) )

Thanks for the review of Flight. If I watch it, I will skip the nekkid part since it has no relevance to the movie. o:)

Luanne said...

The nekkidness is right at the beginning - I guess to "wake you up." Perhaps when you see it, all that flesh will make sense to you. Then you can 'splain it to me!!