Friday, February 8, 2013

A Good Friday

First of all, I got a lot of our upcoming Princess Half-Marathon trip planning done.  Mostly getting room reservations changed and added and requested.  I also got waivers printed out and flights coordinated.  Now it's just a matter of getting our outfits together and figuring out what to pack (like that's gonna happen beforehand!).

The next good thing took a few weeks to come to fruition.  A week or so ago, I read on a Disney blog that the Kelly and Michael morning show was going to tape at Disney World the very week that I was going to be down there.  All you had to do was request tickets, and maybe you would get them.  So I requested them.  And waited.  The website said the tickets would be sent out the week of February 5, which was this week (seriously - look on your calendar).  Anyhow, it did not say if the tickets would come email or snail mail.  So I waited and checked both mailboxes every day this week, but received nothing.  By today, I had pretty much decided that I must have not gotten any tickets.  At least until I went out to the mailbox this morning and THERE THEY WERE!  Actually, it's two bracelets and two one-day/one-park tickets to get into the park (sorry - already have a potential taker for the other ticket).  I'm pretty stoked about it - but what shall I wear?

The other good thing is that Molly ordered, and then accompanied me to the Apple Store for pickup, my new iPhone 5.  I had passed the hand-me-down iPhone 3 and 4 tests (meaning I didn't run it over with the car or drop it in the toilet and showed some proficiency at using it), so because I was tired of using the stuck button on my current phone, I got my new phone.  I didn't get the insurance protection plan (as the Apple lady kept reiterating), so I have to carry it around in a padded container until Monday or Tuesday, when my protective Otter Box should be here.  I won't even bother discussing my new bestie, Siri, who is also fairly judgmental when I don't say things as she thinks I should.

Anyhow, it's been a good day.  Thank you God, for such a good day!
******************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Princess trip planning; DVC lady help; new iphone-ing with Molly; seeing Everley's new pink car; Kelly and Michael tix; long soak in the tub

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting! Wear the pink tutu - definitely - LOLOL

Have fun with your new phone. Be careful of Siri - my son had to stop using her because she was calling him dirty names. o:)

Say Hi to Kelly and Michael for me!