Friday, December 28, 2012

That's What Friends Are For

Yesterday I waxed poetic about resolutions.  The gist of my rantings was that I should start now and not wait for some arbitrary date on which to start doing the stuff I wish to be doing.  My final wish was for the ability to kick myself in the butt so that I could get started and keep going.

However, along with my wish not coming through and my middle-aged menopausal memory (MMM for those of you in the know), I did not proceed as I had planned.  While on a trip to Kroger, I saw some fish patties that I thought would be yummy, so I bought them (completely ignoring any nutritional facts and/or Weight Watcher points).  I brought them home and ate them - a lot of them.  In sandwiches.  So much for the "good eating" hope and dream.

While in a fish-patty stupor, I happened upon facebook, and noticed my friend Anita (you know, the smart one who made lists of words that she didn't know when she read something so she could find out the meaning, unlike some of us who guess at a word's meaning only to find out chapters later that not only have you misrepresented the word, but you have successfully transformed the entire point of the character, chapter, and book) had commented on my post (by the way, I would tell you the latest word she looked up, since she posted it on facebook, but knowing me, I probably have that definition wrong, too, although I have no idea what in the heck she must be reading now!).

Anyhow, she quoted the following from my blogpost:
"It's easy to say I'm going to do something - in the new year. Just as soon as January 1 gets here. But all that really means is that I don't want to start doing whatever it is NOW."
BOOM!  The kick in the pants I needed to remind myself of what I want to do. And that, my friends, is what friends are for, even though you might not have seen them in forever, and now only see them in cyberspace.  Thanks, Anita, for giving me just what I needed!

Now if I can just get VAJAZZLE out of my mind ...
****************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  cleaning out dining room and getting new rug; beef tips with Molly, Mathieu, Maribeth, and Everley; safe travel to Columbus for Steve

No comments: