Monday, December 3, 2012

New Unna-wares

Okay, so it was time.  Or maybe even past time.  For new underwear, that is.  My existing ones were beginning (or actually had begun a long time ago) to show signs of the stress and strain that my rather ample posterior had been putting it through.  In other words, my under-britches were getting holy, and I don't mean the religious kind.

The underwear that I prefer for that region is by Victoria's Secret (too much information already?).  And NO - not that kind.  Vicky sells old-style granny pants - they just have to go back in Vicky's basement and pull them out of the mothballs (because we grannies like that smell).  Anyhow, as you would expect, they aren't as cheap as Fruit of the Loom from Target where you can get three dozen for $3 (or something like that). But they last longer and can withstand the tremendous pressure that my dimply butt puts on them.

Anyhoo, I had decided that I would wait until I has lost a certain amount of weight before I treated myself to some new undies.  And I waited.  And waited and waited.  Finally, I just started throwing away those undies that were really in sorry shape (like when the holes are so big you begin to wonder if it's a leg opening).  When I was down to just a few (and I don't do laundry as often as I used to, so it was beginning to be an issue), I decided to heck with the reward - I needed a fresh supply now.

Well, Ms. Vick was having a sale, so I bought seven (yep, SEVEN - I can go a whole week before running the washing machine!) new underwears.  And - get this - after they came in, I went back and she was having another sale so I bought five more!!  Are you impressed?  I am!  My fanny is happy and secure once more without britches holiness!!

So what's the moral of this story?  Simply this - sometimes you don't need a reason to treat yourself - you just need to treat yourself.  And sometimes, you just need new underwear.
**********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Safe travel home for Marilyn (and her two extra bags and her caramel cake and her chess pie and her MSU cheeses); Steve bringing dinner home; quick Molly visit

No comments: