Thursday, October 25, 2012

Travellin' Thursday

Today I flew to Tampa to meet up with Jeanne and Emily for our "3 Amigos Go Pink" weekend.  After a drought of many years, we three friends have managed to get together more often.  This weekend it's to cheer the 3-Day breast cancer walkers in Tampa, where Jeanne lives (Emily lives in Durham, NC).

Emily (a five-year breast cancer survivor) and Jeanne (whose sister is a seven-year survivor) have never experienced a 3-day event.  I'm not sure if cheering the walkers will inspire them to walk or discourage them, but I'm glad they get to be a part of it.  For me, I can't wait to be on the cheering side of the event.  Knowing what those 60 miles feels like to walk, I also know how much it means to see a smiling face and hear a happy word of encouragement.

So, if the blog posts come even later than usual (shocker, I know), it's because I didn't get the pictures loaded or computer time or I'm busy hot-gluing things together.  It's going to be a great weekend!!!
************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  morning pedi before my trip; smooth flight; 4rental car dude; dinner with Ken, Jeanne, and Emily; getting stuff ready for the 3-Day cheer weekend

No comments: