Monday, October 15, 2012

The Iron-y

Last month while I was in San Francisco, I bought a new pair of fancy socks. They are fancy because they are very thick and are supposedly moisturizing.  Since I have just now unearthed them from the piles of stuff that was on my desk, I though I would study the washing instructions (not that I would follow them if they were something ridiculous like hand-wash).  Luckily for me, they are to be laundered in the usual way - machine wash and dry.  HOWEVER, the next line on the care instructions was this:  "Do not iron."  These three little words have me mystified.  Does anyone really iron their socks?  What would happen if I went a little cray-cray and decided to iron these socks - would the act of ironing negate the act of moisturizing?  Where is my iron?  How do I turn it on?  And finally, if one would choose to iron their socks, does it mean that their other undergarments should be ironed as well?

Thank you for your attention.  Today's blog has been brought to you by the words "iron" and "no way."
******************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  getting a lot of stuff done; Everley time

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hmmm, "no iron" socks, what'll they think of next! :)

Denise in PA said...

I don't know what to laugh harder at - the thought of ironing socks - or moisterizing socks. Seriously??