Saturday, October 6, 2012

Moo's Room

Okay, although it's currently bereft of my billions of Disney pictures and crapola, I thought I would post a few teaser pictures of the upstairs.  I guess if you want to see the finished product, you will have to come and spend the night!  Anyhow, this is the progress thus far in Molly's room (Moo to Lindley and all that follow).  Although, today when I asked Lindley if this room was hers and Moo's room, Lindley replied, "It's mine and mommy's room!" - picture attached for that one, too.

This is Lindley's bed (Kat, if you're reading, notice the quilt?) and the Mickey television/dvd player.  Today "Cinderella" was watched.  The hole in the wall leads to the cubbyhole - which I guess would kinda count as a "ride", which you can only experience if you're booked into the Mickey room!
This is the bed - the headboard was a former king size headboard.  The bed was built to cover some pipes and stuff - originally it was going to be a shelf, until we decided why not just make it into a bed.  The king-size quilt (from the Disney Store for all you quilt-type people) will need some adjustments, but it's tucked in for now.

These were today's guests for the "Cinderella" showing, and later this was the requested location for the afternoon nap (that would be Lindley's, not Lynnette's).  And for those of you that will be needing it, you can see that not only do we have a step stool to get up to the bed, but we have a safety rail to keep you from falling off the bed!



So there you are - a sneak preview of one bedroom.  The other one is still in the planning stages - can anyone say Animal Kingdom?

*********************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Panera and Bounce U with Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley; fish burrito for lunch via Sam; Lindley and Everley time; moving stuff upstairs; safe trip for Steve and Phillip

4 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Ok, can I book a night in the Mickey Room? The Mickey headboard is fabulous! And, I did notice the quilt - cute!

Luanne said...

Yes, if you book exactly 120 days before your visit, and you are on the reservation hotline exactly at 5:59am, Scandanavia time.

Kat said...

I'm always reading :-).

Of all the quilts I've ever made, I think that's still my favorite.

Marilyn said...

so glad the bed has safety features- I will probably need them when I come in December. Everything looks great!