Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Today In Den History ...

Our new television got hung on the wall.  It's a very complicated television - for one thing, the remote has a mouse on it (and I don't mean Mickey).  Apparently you can get all kinds of television on it - but all I care about is if (a) I can turn it on, and (b) I can change channels. 

As a person who (a) remembers when the first color television came into our home, and (b) remembers when the first television with a remote came into our home, this new-fangled television is beyond my comprehension.  But would I go back to the good old days? 

Back then, when you wanted to turn the channel you not only had to get up and go to the television to turn the channel, but also you had to turn the knob on the antenna box to get the channel in focus (which shouldn't have been a problem, since we usually only got two channels).  You didn't stay up all night watching television because the stations pretty much were off the air by midnight.  You didn't have to have a parental lock on the cable box, because you pretty much watched whatever your father wanted to watch. 

So maybe I'll learn to use the mouse on the fancy television remote.  After all, if I could figure out in which direction to point the old roof antenna,  certainly I can figure out where to point the mouse!
****************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  new television installation; electric dudes; more IKEA assembly; lunch brought via Sam; lunch with Sam, Mathieu, Maribeth, and Everley; couch moved to den


2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

My husband will NOT get up and push a button on the TV ever. When the remote is lost, he'll curse and stomp around looking for it. Seriously, there ARE buttons on it. I believe remotes are part of the reason we don't get enough exercise - getting up to go to the TV was a GOOD thing! LOLOL!

Luanne said...

Obviously your husband has the same virus mine has - the "MyWifeHidThe RemoteFromMeToDriveMeCrazy" virus, although the wife in question rarely has the time/inclination to hide some **$#% remote!