Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This Time The Cause Has A New Name

With our 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk a mere 16 days away, I keep going back to the video of the San Diego Walk I did a few years ago with my sister Marilyn.  I've probably posted this video before, but for me it never gets old, because it brings back the reason for walking.  It brings back the memories of the volunteers, the cheering spectators, the survivors, and those who walk in memory of others.  This year became special when a group of friends decided to join me, but I had no idea how special this walk would be, because this year in addition to all those friends and family members that I walk for, I am also walking for my sister.  She's going to be fine, but this year I am proud to walk for her.


***************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  skipping boot camp (due to KB and Molly's bad influence) and going on a Wal Mart and Kroger run instead; painting commencing upstairs; Lindley and Everley time; sweet blog comments; MM contribution to the 3-day and becoming a fb friend; all of Udderly Pink meeting their fundraising goals

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I will never be able to watch it without crying- good times! Cheering from the sidelines this year- hope to be in the middle of it somewhere next year!