Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thangs Be Getting Busy 'Round Heah!!

Along with the remodeling of the upstairs, 4-month old and 2 1/2 year old granddaughters, another attempt at losing weight with Weight Watchers, and trying to get back with boot camp, I will soon be adding travel to my life.  Here's how it will go (or maybe I should say I will go):

Next Friday on August 31, Steve, Molly, KB, and I will travel to Anaheim to that other Disney place in order to participate in the Disneyland Half Marathon on September 2 (hoping to finish and receive our Coast to Coast Medals).  After the half marathon, Molly and Steve will return to Nashville.  KB and I will fly to San Francisco where we will go to a Giants game on Monday and wait to KP to arrive.  On Tuesday the three of us will tour Alcatraz and hopefully return from the island. On Thursday, the three of us will change hotels and await the arrival of the rest of the Udderly Pink team - Molly, Jo, and Sharon.  On Friday we will all arise before the sun has even considered rising, in order to board the bus for the Opening Ceremonies of the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk.  On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, we will walk for a total of 60 miles and spend two nights sleeping in little pink tents.  On Sunday night we will head for the airport to catch the red eye back to Nashville, where I hope some poor soul at Massage Envy will be able to knead out the knots in my body.  On Tuesday I shall go to Signature Nail Spa where another poor soul will attempt to remedy the damage and pitifulness of my last pedicure.  On Tuesday night Steve, Molly, and I will fly to NYC to spend the night before we board the Disney Magic and meet up with my sister Marilyn and her husband Eddie and their daughter Rachel.  We will spend the next five days cruising up to Canada seeing the sights before we return the following Monday on the 17th.  I will then have a few days to catch up on the remodel progress until the Women's 5K here in Nashville on Saturday, September 22nd, which will be a great warm-up because on the following Wednesday, September 26, I will be headed to that other Disney place down Florida way to participate in the Tower of Terror 10-Miler which will be on Saturday, September 29, at 10pm (yes, PM).  I think I'm supposed to return to Nashville on Sunday, September 30.

And yes, I know how blessed and lucky I am!!

****************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  eye appointment and new glasses; Lindley and Everley time

5 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Well, this list is as exhausting as that other list - LOL! I wish we would be cruising to Canada on the Magic with you, however, we will be cruising to Canada the week after you on the Carnival Glory. What blashpemy - I have never cruised on anything other than a Disney ship and I fear I will be greatly disappointed. Have fun your travels!!

Luanne said...

Denise - I shall not tell Mickey of your mutiny!! I did it the other way - cruised with Carnival and Royal Caribbean and THEN Disney and never looked back! But I hear the Glory is really nice - just another reason to quickly get back where you belong!!

Girl with a Goal said...

I want to be just like you when I grow up!!!

Denise in PA said...

Thanks for not "ratting" me out to Mickey - LOL! Luckily, our next Disney cruise is booked. Whew!

Luanne said...

When is it? We have a bunch booked (we go a little crazy onboard with booking discount). One of these days I'm convinced we will be on the same one!!