Friday, August 24, 2012

Change Is A Good Thing, But It's Not The Main Thing

It's been a great day, starting out with friends at breakfast  who gifted me some awesome presents (pictures to come later), then birthday cards in the mail, many facebook greetings from friends old and new, and ending with my trying to change up my blog appearance - which has take me quite some time.

Every year on August 24 since I started this blog (that would be the year I turned 50 - you do the math), I have changed the format and look.  I keep thinking that if I change the outer appearance, I will be motivated to write great things.  And every year I click and try to import and change fonts and sizes and colors, hoping to find just the right combination that will be just right.

In the end, I end up with what I end up with.  I'm never sure it's just the right thing, but it is what it is, as it is with me.  Maybe it's a reminder to me that I can try to change my outsides, hoping that I will be inspired to do great things, but in the end it's my content that matters.  It's who I am that's important and that will shine through whatever it may look like on the outside.

Thanks for reading and hanging in there with me.  On a day like today when I realize how blessed I am in my life, I always count you as one of them.  And yes - I mean YOU!

******************************************************************
The Good Stuff from Today:  First Watch with the girls and their fabulous gifts; Lindley and Everley time; birthday cards; facebook wishes from friends; Molly bringing me Starbucks

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I like the new look- the font is very reader friendly and the colors are soothing :) Looking forward to another 365 blogs that I read most every day.