Thursday, May 24, 2012

Let the Vacay Begin!!

Left a den looking like this, with a dumpster scheduled for delivery, hoping that Remodel Man Bill will tear it all out for reconstruction.  Moved the litter box from upstairs, hoping Maggie and Minnie are smart enough to figure out where it is (odds aren't too great for that mental feat).  Finally got enough stuff in the suitcase (still need to do a little shopping in Orlando) to get me through the next week. 

So, I guess I'm ready for vacation?

I guess I had better be, because I'm sitting at the Nashville airport waiting for my flight south.  I am planning to blog about this adventure everyday, so I thought I would introduce you to my cast of characters.

Arriving today around noonish will be Steve and me.  Steve will mostly be by the pool (any pool), so I can probably just take one picture that will pretty much represent each day for him.  We will pick up the mini van and head to Pop Century for a few days (staying there so my nephew David can view the progress on Art of Animation resort, which unfortunately won't open until the end of this month).

Arriving this evening around 5:30ish will be my brother John, his wife/my sis-in-law Anne, and their two sons David (20) and Michael (17).  They will join us at Pop Century, and an assortment of 4 of us will eat at LeCellier tomorrow for lunch.


Arriving Friday night will be Sam, Lynnette, Lindley, and Molly (by the way - Happy Birthday Molly!) - you should know who they are.  Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley will check into the Airport Hyatt for the night and we'll pick up Molly for a night at the Pop.

Saturday morning Steve, John, Anne, David, Michael, Molly, and me (hence the reason for the mini van) will head to the airport to meet up with Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley and check in for our Disney Cruise Line bus to the port.  (Yes, for all you DCL experts, it would probably be cheaper to rent a limo, but we have several first-time cruisers, and I wanted them to have the whole experience).  Once we get to the port, we will check in, board the ship, and begin our week of fun, sun, and food!!

Let the vacay begin!!
**********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  Molly Morgan Davidson - 26 years ago today!!

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Have fun! I'm looking forward to another vicarious vacation through your blog posts! o:)