Sunday, April 22, 2012

Friends Are Great, Especially If They Own A Truck

In the past few years, each one of my grown children has renovated his or her house.  Factor that in with Davidson Moving and Exchange Company (where we periodically switch furniture between homes), and the result is one very messy house - mine.  Lately my house has become overwhelming due to the excess junk and furniture.  As much as I've wanted to attempt to clean, it's been discouraging due to all the extra stuff.

Saturday I decided to take the plunge and do what I said I would never do again - rent a storage unit in which to store all my excess junk (although I have rented every size of unit, I believe in the theory that if you have to rent a storage space to store stuff because you don't have room in your house, then you have too much stuff.   Notice I said that I believe in the theory - not necessarily adhere to it.).  Anyhow, after the 5K I went to my usual storage facility and basically said, "Yo, I'm here for my rental unit - again!"

Once this first step had been achieved, it was time for the real fun to begin - hauling stuff to the unit (this is usually accomplished with much prayer, since it usually involves things being hauled that logistically cannot be put into the moving vehicle).  I was adamant about not renting a U-Haul - I just couldn't justify paying for a truck to move stuff that I shouldn't have to a place that I shouldn't have to rent. I put what I could in my car and made a few trips, but there were still a few large pieces that needed to go.

Luckily my friend KB has a little red truck and volunteered to come over and haul stuff.  This was after we walked four miles (with no Bongo Java stop).  Sam put the chairs in the back, we stuffed them in the unit, and once again I can walk through the house without bumping into something.

Now what shall I use as an excuse for not cleaning?

**************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  4 miles with the girls; moving furniture with KB and Sam; Lindley and Everley time; CPK lunch via Sam



No comments: