Friday, January 20, 2012

A Preview of Things To Come

My friends the Karens and Molly and I are going to do the Princess Half Marathon at Disney World at the end of February.  The others have never done the Princess before, so they are pretty excited.  Tall Karen has never done a Disney race, so she's super excited.  In fact, we all so excited that we've decided to wear tutus for the race.  Yes, you read correctly, I am going to wear a tutu in a race.  Seriously.

Today I went to Jo-Ann Fabric to get tulle for the making of our tutus.  While the lady was cutting my fabric, she asked what I was going to make.  I told her I was going to make tutus.  She replied and said that little girls like tutus.  I countered back that these were going to be for adult ladies.  After her eyes went back into her head and she manually closed her mouth that had gaped open, she said, "Well, ladies like tutus, too."  At that point I felt an explanation was in order and told her the whole Disney World/Princess Half Marathon story.

As I was gathering up my newly cut tulle, I couldn't help but put all the pieces together.  Tutus.  Me.  Disney.  Running.  And suddenly a vision of me in the future came into focus:


Oh well ... At least I gave you fair warning!!
********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  DVD movie watching with Molly; progress at Maribeth's house; Steve's safe return home; nice fabric lady

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I seriously hope you are going to post pictures of you ladies in those tutus - LOLOL! By the way, I have a tiara you could borrow too. And, why do they always have to ask "what are you making?" in Joanns???