Monday, January 9, 2012

Old TV Friends

After reading a friend's post on facebook, I've spent much of the afternoon watching clips of "Designing Women" on youtube.  I enjoyed watching them as much as I did when they were first shown on CBS.  I enjoyed them so much that I ordered the first five seasons on DVD.

I'm not sure what I loved most about the show.  Maybe it was the fancy clothes (for that time period) that the ladies wore and how they were always so dressed up.  Maybe it's because they dared to talk about things in public that were still only whispered.  Maybe it was their friendship and all they shared.  Maybe it was the strength and confidence they showed.  Maybe it was just because I found it funny and touching and so enjoyable.

It was one of those shows with which I could identify and that spoke for me and to me.  I understood it and wished that I could be one of the group.  Maybe it's dated and ridiculous for anyone not of my generation, but for me, it's timeless and a reminder of what was.   



*********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  MK-ing with Sam, Lynnette, Lindley, and Steve; Boardwalk and Epcot-ing with Steve; cast member at Outpost; Steve picking up dinner; Molly's safe return home

No comments: