Tuesday, January 24, 2012

May I Have The Envelope, Please?

I have some very talented friends.  Some paint, some quilt, some cook, some sew, some leap tall towers with a seemingly small jump, some sing and dance, some do a smattering of all of these, and some are just quite clever.  Today I'll just show you one example.

I've already told you about Princess Half-Marathon weekend and the Karens.  That weekend also happens to be the night of the Oscars, so naturally it would behoove us to have our own version of an Oscar party - especially since we already have tutus (never mind the fact that we will have wogged 13.1 miles in them earlier in the day).  The Karens are sharing a room and volunteered to have our Oscar party in their room (and supply the necessary party eats and drinks).

Today, which just happened to be the day the Oscar nominees were announced, I received my official Oscar party invite from Tall Karen (not to be confused with British Karen):


It arrived in its own box addressed to Steve/Luanne "Bogie and Bacall" Davidson, and inside was my very own Oscar. I received the Best Director Award for "Wogging - On Your Ankles vs Feet."  Since my award is not part of the televised awards, I thought I would go ahead and share my acceptance speech with you:
Thank you for this much deserved award.  My ankles, though they are still pissed as h@## at me, also thank you.  I would like to thank the manufacturers of all the ankle wraps, ankle tapes, extra-extra-extra-strength/long-lasting/rapid release/dissolving gel cap Tylenol, and big-girls socks that go over all the ankle wraps/tapes/swolled-up ankles.  I would like to thank all those little people who stopped to help me all those times that I twisted my ankles (one or the other or both) and went down to the ground, to see if I needed help, especially that poor lady at Coronado Springs who looked more scared than I did.  I hope that one day after they invent and install my Jaime Sommers Bionic Woman (google it) ankles, that I will be able to start the Luanne Davidson Institute for the Ankle Impaired.  Lastly I would like to thank Nannie, my grandmother, for telling me a long time ago that I had weak ankles like her.  If only I had inherited her boobs instead, I might have had a different career.
*********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  4 miles with KB; Oscar invite/award in the mail; updating 3-day and race scrappys; 2 breast cancer dedication post cards; MB bringing me lunch

No comments: