Friday, January 27, 2012

A Lesson In Self Esteem

I know it is important to feel good about oneself, physically and emotionally. For some people, that may be easier than other people.  For me, at my age and size, feeling good about my physical appearance is a work in progress.  Last night's hotel room did little to help (I won't bother to explain why we are staying in three different hotel rooms for the next three nights).

Here was the issue with last night's room - the shower.  If I were to stand on the teeny-tiny balcony outside our room, I could see clear through to the toilet.  And by that I mean I could see through the SHOWER, through the TOILET CLOSET DOOR, to the actual toilet.  In other words, the shower has CLEAR GLASS WALLS.

Yes, I have been married 6 billion years.  Yes, I have been sans clothes before.  But somewhere in the last billion years, I have decided that my being nekkid needs to remain where it started - in the dark.  But just in case you want to plan your next bathroom overhaul, here are some pictures to get you going:

 
                    The view from the balcony                      The view from the toilet

Oh, and if you need to visit the facilities in the middle of the night, bring a flashlight, because the light that enlightens the toilet also lights up the shower, WHICH HAS GLASS WALLS.  In other words, you will be waking the sleeping person in the bed, which if being blinded by the sight in the see-thru shower wasn't enough, flipping the lights on in the middle of the night should do the trick!
********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  new hotel ready upon check-in; great beach view; nice volunteer at expo; lunch at Shake Shack with Steve




1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Seriously? What designer thought that was a good idea? I wouldn't want to use that toilet/shower even if I was alone!