Monday, January 23, 2012

Divine Intervention

I am so thankful that God looks after me and guides me when I am too ignorant to know any better - or at least oblivious to the obvious.  Case in point:

This coming weekend we are headed to Miami where Steve will run the Miami Half Marathon.  I've done this half before, but had decided a long time ago not to do it this weekend.  However, today I had reason to look through my race scrapbooks and was looking at the photos of the years I had done this race.  I started thinking "Well, maybe I should go ahead and do it anyway."  I was thinking this even though I knew with my bum ankle that staying off this weekend would be better for the two important half-marathons that I have planned in February.  But nevertheless, I kept pondering whether I should do the Miami Half.

A short time later I got on the computer to read my email.  One of today's emails was from the Miami Half people announcing that the half WAS SOLD OUT!!  In other words, even though God was telling me no, no, no, He knew I was not listening so well.  So He just slammed that door shut!

Thank you God, for knowing me so well and taking care of me!  My prayer is that I listen and act accordingly next time!

**********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  Target stalking, moving couches, and reassembling coffee tables with Maribeth; Princess Weekend planning; Udderly Pink girls working hard on fundraisers; emailing with Madeline

No comments: