Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Little Love

Today I passed a fresh Christmas tree lot.  There were many beautiful trees - green ones.  And then at the front, I saw them - one white and one turquoise Christmas tree, flocked to every inch with the offending colors.

Sure, maybe somebody will think the flocked trees are beautiful and just what they want.  Maybe somebody will go to the lot searching for that perfect turquoise flocked tree.  Maybe turquoise trees are all the rage this year, and somebody forgot to tell me.

I guess I probably shouldn't have an opinion, since my tree is the same one I've had for years.  I take it out of its box and put it up every year.  It looks about as real as a plastic tree can look, perhaps even more than the turquoise one. At least I know my tree was never alive. But there's something about that turquoise tree that has stayed with me.  It's almost like I saw it cringe as I went past - as though it were embarrassed about what it had become.

I just hope there's a Charlie Brown out there somewhere who will buy that tree and take it home.  And I hope there's a Linus to remind us all with his words:
"I never thought it was such a bad little tree.  It's not bad at all really.  Maybe it just needs a little love."
Words to remember, not just about trees, but about everything that somebody else may not deem important.  After all, maybe all it needs is just a little love.
*********************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  Lunch at Fido with the Karens, Molly, and Pallu, with Gloria and her family stopping by to say hello; Lindley time; barbecue and veggies for dinner with Steve, Sam, Lynnette, Maribeth, and Mathieu; mall-ing with Sam

No comments: