Friday, December 2, 2011

Clean Up Day

With everyone gone for the week, the house has fallen into a mess. It would seem that with everyone gone, wouldn't the house stay clean? In a word, no.

Here's what happens: I get the time to work on projects uninterrupted. The best thing is that I can leave unfinished projects exactly where I want to, along with the accompanying mess that the project entails. In the case of sewing, that means fabric scraps, discarded thread, and all the other paraphernalia that I need in order to do my version of sewing. The side messes of the week include mail in various parts of the house (wherever I happened to be when I decided to put the mail down), trash cans that need emptying, and recycling that needs to be collected. Because it's Christmastime, it means that there are rolls and scraps of wrapping paper on the bed and on the floor and on my desk. I won't even get into the whole food/eating thing, since it might prompt a call to the health department.

Anyhoo, the family is returning tomorrow, and since I did complete several of my big projects, I could put stuff away. In other words, it was time to clean up the house. After 8 hours, I have one room done. The funny thing is that I don't think anyone will even notice, as long as there is milk in the fridge and bread in the pantry.

So I guess I'd better get to the grocery store ..
**************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: completing major sewing projects; 5k-ish with Gloria; sleeping Lindley babysitting; beautiful sunny day

No comments: