Sunday, November 27, 2011

Yikers! Let The Christmas Present-ing Begin!!

Every year, our family has tried to come up with some "great" idea for Christmas gift giving. We've given gift cards and drawn names and given to charity. Last year we decided that everyone would have a "theme" for their gift giving. For instance, for this year, Sam's theme is "air." He will be giving every person in the family a gift that has to do with "air." Would it help to tell you that Steve's theme is "feet?"

Anyhow, I had a weak moment and decided to go with my theme from last year - "make it." The only person who has actually kept my gift from last year is Lindley - whom everyone agreed got the best make it present (a homemade A-B-C scrapbook made from family pictures). So one would think that everyone might discourage me from repeating that theme. One would be wrong.

So, instead of going to Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales, I am searching the internet for great make-it gift ideas. Since I don't knit, quilt, macrame, or paint, one might think my ideas are limited. Again, one would be wrong. I don't seem to let my lack of talent impede my gift giving. And as usual, I have great ideas for Lindley's present. The others - well, not so much. When I tried to google gifts, here's one of the few non-obscene ideas I came across:


Fortunately, I don't knit.

Anyhow, I shall continue to research in hopes of finding that perfect project for the family. I'll try to sandwich it in between my research for my part of the family Christmas meal. This year, in the tradition of Cereal Christmas and Fast Food Christmas and Disney Christmas, it's Crock Pot Christmas. So far, Maribeth's doing boiled peanuts and Sam is doing cheese dip.

Just another Christmas at the Davidsons!
*************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: picking up Molly's CSA; First Watch with Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley; chatting with the cruisers; new Christmas tree skirt; Lindley time

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Good luck with your "make-it" Christmas gifting! And, that photo, I've seen it on Facebook. There are just no words.....