Friday, November 25, 2011

White Friday

I did not stand in line at the stores today to buy stuff at super incredible prices. Instead, I pulled up some nasty carpet in Maribeth and Mathieu's bedroom (they are off to Florida for a cruise). Apparently when one (in this case, the former owner) chooses to clean carpets with the powdery-type carpet cleaner, the powdery cleaner is not picked up by one's vacuum cleaner. Instead, it sifts through the carpet and pad and ends up on the floor underneath. After I had pulled up the carpet and pad, there was a ton of white powder all over the floor. Luckily I had remembered to wear a mask (lesson learned when we pulled up the carpet in the other bedroom), so I was spared the inhalation of the gunk (which I couldn't help but wonder had it been an illegal white powder, how that might change my work speed). It took two dustpans full to clean up the floor enough to start pulling up the tack strips. The only part of this job left is to pull up the sixty jillion staples all over the floor, which I decided to put off until tomorrow.

I guess we all have our versions of fun for the day after Thanksgiving ...

************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Taking Maribeth and Mathieu to the airport; carpet project 90% complete; burrito lunch with Sam and Lynnette; Lindley time; getting started on Christmas gifts

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Somehow I was reminded of putting down a floor in your Diz room- a floor that was later covered with something else :) Hope the cruisers have a MAGICAL time!