Monday, October 17, 2011

Meeting Mussels

Today I ate mussels. It's not like I ordered them off a menu - they were one of the offerings at the Belgium kiosk at the Wine and Food Festival at Epcot. Of course, the situation was aggravated by the fact that I was with Maribeth, who wanted to try something we'd never eaten before. It also helped that I was distracted by the Belgian waffle that I planned to inhale. Maribeth could have suggested we try dirt on stick, as long as I had that waffle and whipped cream.

As far as the mussels were concerned, I did not become an instant fan. It seemed a lot of shell for a little piece of mussel meat. The sauce/gravy was not a hit, either. But at least I tried it and no longer have to wonder about my personal mussel feelings.


Now if only I could have had the same negative feelings about that Belgian Waffle ...
***************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: 3 miles around the lake (love my Garmin!); eating around the world with Maribeth; Planet Hollywood with Maribeth and Steve; putt-putt with Steve; chatting with Jeff

No comments: