Friday, October 21, 2011

It May Look Good ....

... but looks don't necessarily mean a thang.

Case in point - the dish to the left, recently purchased at the Food and Wine Festival. At first glance, I thought perhaps those were tomatoes on the top (and no, I didn't bother reading the description - Maribeth and I were on a mission to eat stuff, and reading caused too long a delay).

Anyhoo, upon the first spoonful, I realized that the red chunks were not tomatoes, but raw tuna and salmon (hence the name Tuna and Salmon Sensation). While Maribeth spit her out, I tried to "feel the sensation." I never felt anything but revulsion. On the other hand, Molly (who apparently had this two weeks ago when we were here last) loved it.

So, the question remains - is beauty really in the eye of the beholder - or in the mouth of the eater?

I think I found the perfect item that fits both!!
************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Eating around the World with Elaine and Maribeth; Steak N Shake for dinner with Steve; washing clothes with Maribeth; walking little boy across the street

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Ummm, I'd choose the Mickey Bar. Definitely.