Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pretty Much A Normal Day ...

It started off with butt camp and two of my fellow butt-ies, Karen P and Gloria, both of whom weigh about 16 pounds each, soaking wet. They decided that they had "gained weight" over the summer (and their 18-month old toddler clothes were feeling a little snug). So, they came up with the brilliant plan of meeting a little early at butt camp to do a little pre-butt camp jogging, which they did on Tuesday and proclaimed it simply wonderful.

Being of small brain and big thighs myself, I became convinced it would also be a brilliant idea. Keep in mind that butt camp starts at 5:45 AM, and getting there early means 5:15 AM. As in the dark-thirty in the morning. Also keep in mind that this will require getting up even earlier to get dressed, find the car keys, and drive to butt camp. The only reason I decided to do this is because I live only 5 minutes away. I won't even mention that Karen and Gloria have to drive 30 minutes to get to butt camp. Just the sheer calculation on what time they must have to get up in the morning to do some pre-butt camp recreational jogging sets my slide rule on fire.

Anyhoo, I get to the gym, only to find Karen and Gloria sitting outside in the dark. Because the key-keeper to the gym hadn't arrived yet. I seriously need to sniff the contents of their water bottles. Luckily (for whom, I don't know), Key Keeper Carmen arrives followed by Butt Coach Josh, and we get into the gym for this hallowed jogging thing.

Of course, Karen and Gloria zip off to the races. I had already confirmed that I would be walking, and since I am a woman of my word, I did as I promised. It wasn't too bad, as the breeze that accompanied every lap that Karen and Gloria passed me with, managed to cool me off. Not that I was breaking a sweat. I didn't have to do many laps until it was time for butt camp, which today was "Kill Your Thighs Day."

After butt camp, a breakfast stop at Sonic, and a much-needed nap, I decided to prepare my shirt for the Warrior Dash on Saturday. Please take a gander at what this race is all about. A bunch of the butt camp crew decided to enter this thing. I think I will blame it on Gloria and Karen, since they probably lost all that summer weight gain this morning and need to be punished. We decided to wear our butt camp shirts, but wanted to warrior them up some. Using my huge creative talents, a oversized magic marker, and a pair of scissors, I came up with the frock to the left. I don't think I'll be making Project Runway anytime soon.

After a leftover hotdog lunch, I procrastinated as long as possible and decided to take a walk with maybe a jog step or two. I have a few races coming up, and I thought some training might be in order. I probably should have rethought this plan since I was barely one-tenth of a mile down the street, stepped on a twig and rolled my ankle. Yes, a wide street with nothing on it except one twig, and my foot managed to find it and use it to twist my ankle. It was painful enough to sit down on somebody's front yard and utter some colorful language. I took off my shoe and ankle brace (which I guess kept my ankle from snapping off) and limped back home.

So, now I will skip butt camp in the morning in hopes of giving my ankle a chance to deflate so I can participate in the Warrior Dash on Saturday in my super-cool warrior shirt.

Just another regular day in my life!!
************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Butt camp with my buds; warrior dash prep; watching MSU football on TV; usual ankle twist

No comments: