Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mark That One Off The List

Not that the Warrior Dash was ever on the list. But, because of some swell butt camp buds, I entered the Warrior Dash. I managed to start, do some of the obstacles, and finish. I would explain the whole thing, but I think the pictures say it all:

This was pre=race. We look like fairly intelligent people.

This was the first obstacle - climbing over hay. And avoiding the rope trip-ups on the way down.

This was the black garbage bag tent where one crawled on the ground. My idea of a fun Saturday afternoon. Well, maybe not.

After you managed to walk through a sea of tires, you got to crawl over some wrecked cars.
At least I didn't wreck any of them.

At the end, after jumping over two walls (well, little walls) of fire, you got to crawl through a mud pit. I think you can go to a fancy schmancy spa and pay big bucks to do this.

Of course, there were several other obstacles, some of which I did because it looked like I would not kill myself. There were several other obstacles that had "senior citizen death trap" written all over them, and I walked to the side around it. Of course, bringing my walker, wearig my ADT alert necklace, and saying, "Hey Sonny," to the officials around said obstacles helped.

All in all, it was a fun day. We dashed and had turkey legs and partied in the van on the way home. The best thing is that I'll never have to do this again!!

*******************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Lindley time this afternoon; Karen B and Molly doing the course with me; Warrior Dashing; goodies on the way home; a special memory with some very special buddies!

4 comments:

Denise in PA said...

I'm impressed! And I feel like a slug-I spent the day lounging at the AKL pool.

Luanne said...

Pool at AKL = good.
Crawling through mud in TN = ewwww!

Karen said...

I think the Dash was one of my better ideas, dont you agree? LOL! Seriously, I look forward to next year, with a little tailgate do afterwards!

Luanne said...

I think we learned a lot on this one. Although I said "never again," maybe ... I think we know what "not to do" for next year!!