Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tonight I Went To A Nashville Sounds Baseball Game

So I'm going to say that I have an excuse for no thought-provoking blog. But I will review my night for you, in hopes that you too, will want to be taken out to the ballpark.

In short, the hot dog was adequate (never count on eating dinner from the concession stand), the popcorn was chewy (but came in a plastic baseball cap), and the funnel cake was delicious (even though Steve and I chose to share one rather than get one each).

Last year's free parking went up to $3, and the only flavors of Dippin' Dots were cookie dough and chocolate mint (neither of which are my favorites), so I did manage to resist that temptation. I did not catch a foul ball, but I also was not killed by one, so I am content with the outcome.

I sat across the aisle from a very loudmouthed man who came with his mother (I hope she was his mom - they had on matching team shirts). He insisted on commenting on every pitch, every play, every player, and every thing that went on. And, he insisted on commenting VERY LOUDLY so everyone in attendance (including those in the press box) could hear his illuminating thoughts. After three innings, we went in search of the aforementioned funnel cake, and found seats across the stadium from him.

It was "Kraft Wrapper Buy On Ticket, Get One Free" night, so after a quick trip to the grocery store, we got a sweet deal on tickets. The national anthem was sung a cappella by a men's quartet and the crowd participation antics were very entertaining. In the end, the Sounds won, and it was a great night for going to the stadium.

******************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: another butt camp day with Karen and the girls; getting caught up on bills; going to the game; afternoon Maribeth visit

No comments: