Thursday, August 18, 2011

Running the Stairs

This morning in butt camp we did an activity I like to call "Kill your thighs one way or another." This was thanks to an overzealous butt camper who weighs about 49 ounces and has more energy than a jumping jelly bean, who mentioned to the boss man that we hadn't done this particular activity in awhile and she really missed it.

Anyhow because she also gushes daily about how wonderful butt camp was that day, and how great that day's workout was, he must have listened, because the last thing we did for the day was this thigh killer. I would probably hate her guts if she weren't so darn sweet. She can't help it if she briefly lost her sweet little mind.

Anyhoo, here's how it goes: Basically, you have a partner, and one runs (well, not exactly in my case - more like stumbles) down and back up the 3-floor stairwell of the parking garage (we meet on the top floor). The other partner is doing a wall sit thigh burner until the stairwell runner is done and then they switch places. We do this for a certain time limit - Boss says it's only for four minutes, but I really think it's more like four hours.

I wasn't exactly looking forward to it. Especially at the end of butt camp after doing all sorts of other stuff. But I found a partner and started. Sure I was slow as usual, but I gotterdun. I found that once it was over, I didn't hate it. I didn't love it, either, but if truth be told, I kinda liked it.

Dang that little jumping jelly bean - she's got me gushing now!
*****************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: making it through butt camp cardiac day; picking up Lindley at day school and having a Pinkberry treat with Lindley, Steve, and Maribeth; Las Palmas dinner with Steve, Maribeth, and Molly; Demos gift certifs from Marilyn

No comments: