Monday, August 29, 2011

Pass the Motivation, Please

As usual, it seems I have tons of little projects on my list. As usual, the motivation seems to arrive just after I've gone to bed and had a cat nap. I wake up and think of all the things I need to do and how I'm going to do them and what I'm going to do once I get all those things done. Last night I was awake until after 1 am, which resulted in my less-than-stellar performance in butt camp this morning (at least that's the excuse I'm using today). So, being sleep deprived, I didn't have the motivation to get everything done that I had hoped for today.

I wish motivation could be bottled so I could take it as needed or at least regulate my motivational cycle. I wish there were a pressure point that I could hit so that motivation could start to circulate through my body and I would get the "hop-to-its." I wish there were a Motivation Channel that would get me going in the right direction. But there are no quick motivational triggers.

Once upon a time, I made lists of everything I wanted to accomplish on any certain day. That helped, but these days I don't even seem to be able to get that done.

So what shall I do? Maybe start the list making again. Maybe set a small goal and not stop until that goal is complete. Maybe get a big boot and apply it to my backside as needed. I know I've got to get something going - waiting on that bottle of motivation certainly isn't working!
************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Monday butt camp with the girls; clearing out shirts; walking with Maribeth, Molly, and Michelle; pizza night at Molly's with Steve, Maribeth, and Molly

No comments: