Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Well Hello Tuesday!!

I guess this really starts on Sunday night, when I couldn't get to sleep. I ended up getting only a couple of hours sleep, and had about a zillion cat naps on the way back from Florida. Last night I managed to get to sleep on time, not realizing what Tuesday might have in store.

Fast forward to 4am this morning. Minnie the Cat spent the night outside to insure that she would't be waking me up to go outside. However, Maggie the Cat decided to hack up whatever was bothering her in her stomach. I got out of bed, determined to throw her outside before said hacked-up material could be expelled from her stomach and onto my floor. Unfortunately I was too late.

Since it is dark at 4am, I did my best to collect the offending material (both to me and to Maggie's stomach). I scooped it off the floor and disposed of it in my bathroom. I decided to return to my bed for a few more winks of sleep, only to step in a previous incarnation of Maggie's hacking up. Eeyuuu is right. I cleaned that up, hoping Maggie was done for the day.

I got back in bed, thus beginning the internal debate of whether I would make it to butt camp or not. My nose was starting to get stopped up due to a summer cold and/or summer allergies. I was still sleep deprived from the night before. I was tired. But I decided to go anyway. Sometimes sleep deprivation doesn't always help with the big decisions.

Butt camp was ... well, it was butt camp. Running, jumping rope, jumping jacks, crunches, and other assorted maneuvers. It was hot, thus resulting in sweat dripping off my arms. By the ever-grateful end, I was worn out. However, my cold symptoms seemed to be gone.

Upon my arrival home, I changed into dry clothes and ate breakfast, then decided to catch up on some sleep. At some point I decided to take some sinus pills, not reading the directions very well. I took two pills instead of one, which resulted in a very deep sinus pill haze, or the pills added about 30 pounds to my head, as I could barely hold my head up. Rather than attempt to drive Steve to the airport, Maribeth took that errand and then got me a highly caffeinated drink from McDonald's. Later Molly brought over dinner, and eventually my head lost weight and I could once again hold it upright.

So that was my Tuesday. My nose is still stopped up and I have no idea as to the status of tomorrow's butt camp. But at least it's night now and my bed is calling me.
****************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: Living through butt camp and partnering with Cindy; Maribeth taking the airport run and getting me a drink; Molly bringing dinner; taking Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley to the airport (pre-sinus meds); watching "Secretariat" on tv

No comments: