Tuesday, July 19, 2011

IKEA - 1, Butt Camp - 0

The battle was on - would I skip butt camp in order to get an early start on the IKEA run that Maribeth and I had planned for today? When I asked Maribeth for her opinion, she declined to make a judgement. In fact her exact words were, "I will have none of that. We will leave at 7:15 am." So I was going to have to make my own decision.

I got up this morning at 5 am, clearly enough time to get to butt camp, sweat like a fiend, come home and shower, get dressed in fresh clothes, eat something, pick up Maribeth, and be on my way. But there was no time for a nap in that schedule, and generally, that is extremely important on butt camp days.

So instead I decided to chill out. I got dressed, ate, gassed up the car, called and then picked up Maribeth. We left about 30 minutes ahead of schedule, made it to Atlanta, got the IKEA treasures that had been requested by the family, and had lunch at the OK Cafe. We drove back to Nashville, doled out the treasures to the requestees, and made it home in time for "19 Kids and Counting."

So in the battle of IKEA vs Butt Camp, today IKEA won. Now if I can just find a worthy opponent for tomorrow morning ...
***************************************************************************************
Today's blessings: safe trip to/from Atlanta with Maribeth; getting 98% of items on everyone's lists; lunch with Maribeth at OK Cafe; Maribeth reading to me on the way home

No comments: